Friday, January 7, 2011

Great Start to 2011

Is anyone else still dumbfounded that it's actually 2011? Crazy isn't it?
Besides the fact that my back went out (old injury) and I can barely move, I've gotten a lot accomplished.
I wanted to make a handbag the other day and I had two flat quarters I bought a while back and didn't know what I was going to do with them since my dog, Max, is a boy. I had tortured him enough recently...
Can you see the shame? He looks so stinkin cute though!!
When my daughter seen them she squealed and asked for a purse to carry her Littlest Pet Shop animals (I so can't wait for her to stop liking those). This is what I came up with eyeballing it. She loves it and that's all that matters, but I'm kinda proud of myself for making it in an hour without a pattern. I wanted to put a zipper in it, but I messed my chance up so I put a magnetic clasp instead.

Other than that, this is a sneak peek at a quilt I'm working on for my cousin's baby girls first birthday. I hope to get it done by the weekend and I'm going to push it even faster if I can get my back feeling better.


Another goal I'm adding for 2011....No more staying up all night and taking really bad lighting pics. I'm going to try to get to bed by at least midnight every night and do my sewing during the day while the kids are at school.

Oh, speaking of school, I'm going to take a few of my quilts at different stages to my second graders class tomorrow. This week they did a story on piecing quilts and I offered to show the kids first hand how it's done. I'm a little nervous. More than anything, I don't want to embarrass my sweet boy. I will just have to resist the urge to kiss his sweet little cheeks in front of everyone! Wish me luck!

No comments: