Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Orange Brick Stand

See this stand? I bought it for five dollars at a used furniture store in town a few years back. I used to be red, but the top was chipping severely so I sanded it down. I thought I wanted it white, but halfway into it, I didn’t like the white on it.


This is the color I decided to paint the stand. I hadn’t planned on it until I saw the color at the store and fell madly in love….It’s called Orange Brick and for some mysterious reason makes me want to sing Wizard of Oz songs.


Seriously, I’m in love. Love love love love. My favorite color is burnt orange and since Michael was totally against the color in our wedding, he’s getting it in his house..haha (evil laugh happening here).
I planned on starting to paint the stand today, but last night I just had to test it out. Right in the living room floor. With no floor covering (like it would hurt my grass for carpet anyway). Once I started, it was hard to stop…..so I didn’t.

Excuse the hair and lack of make-up. This is about ten o’clock last night.

Can you see the I Heart U in the middle there? I kinda have this habit of painting that on everything I paint. It was above the door in the living room for a few months. I don’t know why I do it, I just do. My almost seven year old liked it.
See how well the paint was going on? Michael was looking at it like it was going to explode at any moment. I told him not to panic, but that really didn’t help. I could read his mind. “I married a lunatic!”
After a very late night last night, this is what it looks like today!



I am so happy with it. I tend to buy a lot of browns and neutral colors, but this really makes the living room pop. And it goes with my favorite picture that’s also in the living room.

Before

After



I’ve started on painting the kitchen too. That’s a task…
It took me hours to write all the number of comments down on a paper and draw a name…haha. I let my son pick one or two and he said one so Lillie is the winner. And since she’s my sister-in-law and lives two miles away she’ll get it soon. ;)

1 comment:

Francina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE STAND! That turned out brilliant! YOur little knick knacks blend perfect, I'm so happy for you. I'm fixing to repaint Gabe's room, and then pull up that ugly stinky carpet! Thank Mathew for drawing my number! yay!!