Saturday, November 13, 2010

Balloonfest 2010

I will never forget the first time I watched a hot air balloon. I was still a teen, a married teen (crazy back then) and living in Colorado Springs, CO and woke up one morning to the sky littered in hot air balloons. Seriously, you couldn't look anywhere in the sky without seeing a hot air balloon in sight.

It was beautiful. It was magical. I was mesmerized.

The weekend of Oct 22nd I took my kiddos to the annual Poteau Balloonfest in Oklahoma. Though our small town doesn't attract hundreds of hot air balloons like Colorado Springs does, but it was still a blast. I used to take the kids every year, but the last few years something always came up to keep me from going. Luckily, I was able to drag my reluctant husband and five more than eager kids to the festival.

My kiddos taking in the sites

We watched the local college cheer leading squad do some neat cheers and flips which of course cause three little girls to want to do the same thing.....thanks.
I don't know what they were looking at here, but it breaks my heart that they're this big!

Yes, I bought all the girls a bracelet. For some reason the boys didn't want a beaded bracelet.
Night finally fell and they lit up the balloons. I felt like I was sixteen all over again!

They suckered us in. As we walked by they begged us to let them play a game. Even though my husband begged me not to, I couldn't help but let them. I almost choked when I found out the cost. Those light sabers they're holding.....five bucks a piece. They were more, but I refused to pay the guy anymore so he gave us a discount......wow! I know I'm cheap, but come on! In this economy and it cost us just to get in?????
Ok, rants over.
Somewhere along the line my youngest, beloved son was possessed by demons had no control of himself! I go to bed every night wondering if my sweet son came home with us that night, or this little boy in the photos......
PS...I watched Paranormal Activity 2 last night which did not help with my fears!

No comments: